Quick question before jailbreaking

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Vin365, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Vin365 macrumors regular

I know this has probably been asked countless times the past few days but the forums are in a clutter right now. I have only ever jailbroken my iPod and was always thinking of doing it to my iPhone to, but was always worried and afraid to. But now since this simple process is out , I figured I would jump on board. My question is;

I should backup BEFORE I go to jailbreakme.com right? and what happens after that( syncing wise) I heard not to back up with the iPhone anymore?(because if I ever had to do restore the JB data would be there) Like how would this work?

2. Bl0ckHe1d macrumors 6502

Bl0ckHe1d

Backup before a restore/jailbreak...yes! As for syncing the iDevice has already been synced before jailbreaking when you have performed an iOS4x update.

it worth noting that you may be best to re-restore your idevice and set up as new and then jailbreak! hope this helps

3. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

4. Vin365 thread starter macrumors regular

Okay thanks

But everytime I sync my iPhone it always says "Backing up iPhone" that would be okay if it still said it after I jailbroke? And if anything ever went wrong with the phone I would be able to restore from that backup( after jailbreak)

5. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Yes, after jailbreaking, you still sync and backup your phone like normal. Just don't update the OS on the iPhone when apple releases them. Yes, you can just restore the phone if anything goes wrong.

6. Vin365 thread starter macrumors regular

One last thing, whenever they release an OS update and they crack it so the people who are jailbroken can update, would I have to restore my phone everytime an OS update is released ?

7. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

Probably, I don't think you can get Apple OS updates with a jailbroken phone or iPad.

8. Vin365 thread starter macrumors regular

Doesn't the jailbreak team relase a patched OS Update? If not that sucks :( lol

9. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

Actually, yeah I think so, but they're a bit behind Apple.