Quick question for any Canadians

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by guyht, Jul 21, 2011.

1. guyht macrumors newbie

Hi,

I am moving to Canada next month and looking at the prices on the online store, they are a lot cheaper than we have here in the UK. Are the prices listed on the Canadian online apple store with or without tax?

Thanks

2. Arkangil macrumors regular

Without tax and without shipping (though that part is free over $75)

And welcome! It's a great place!

3. FrankHahn macrumors 6502a

The Apple products in Canada are priced the same as those in the States. Therefore, they are much cheaper in Canada than in UK.

4. guyht thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, really looking forward to the move. So just so I understand you correctly, I need to add 20% to the prices that I see listed on the store pages?

Ty

5. classicalbear macrumors member

Why 20% ? sales tax depends on the province you Buy or you get it shipped. There is an app for iPhone/iPod or look on the net for details for each province sales tax.

6. Bioguy35 macrumors newbie

Hey guyht,

First of all, welcome to Canada. The tax you will pay depends on the province to which you are relocating. Depending on the province, you will pay either HST, or PST and GST. For instance, in Ontario, you pay HST at a rate of 13%. It should be easy to google tax rates by province, so that you know exactly what amount of tax you will be paying. At any rate, the taxman is going to get his share. Enjoy your Canadian experience!

7. craiger902 macrumors member

The tax will depend on what province you are living in. But it won't be any higher than PEI where we pay 15.5% tax on most purchases. Here's a list for other provinces. Alberta is your cheapest bet!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sales_taxes_in_Canada

8. guyht thread starter macrumors newbie

Ah, now I understand. Coming from europe this is completely alien to me :eek:. Moving to Vancouver so it looks like 12%. Thanks for all the help... much appreciated.

G

9. jbyun04 macrumors 6502a

jbyun04

Hope you enjoy your move here :)
    Don't mind the weather, it changes every 5 minutes. Also don't forget the environmental fee (not sure if Apple Store online does it) but it's usually around +$9 or so depending on what you buy