Quick question for people with the reception issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ender17, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Ender17 macrumors regular

Are you experiencing a lot of dropped calls or just lower bars? Thanks

2. ReflexReact macrumors 6502

Dropped calls, unable to browse internet. It's not just a vusual thing.

3. UofM Canes! macrumors newbie

I don't use the phone a lot so I haven't dropped a call, but have lost data while streaming audio. One second I'm listening to satellite radio, the next it's gone. Move my hand and it comes back almost immediately. It's a real issue.

4. bubbagumpshrimp macrumors 6502

Same here. I dropped 7 calls today in my house with full bars. My bars also drop when holding the phone like a normal person... I should also mention that my phone is extremely slow on 3g if it works at all (why aren't more people talking about this?). Only wifi and edge are usable for me.

5. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Dropped calls where my iPhone 3G used to drop calls.

Most places where the old iPhone was fine I can get my new iPhone to go from 5 to 3 bars, but it doesn't drop the call.

Signal is worse at home than my old phone, but it doesn't matter if I hold it or leave it on a table. There's something wrong there but it's not the 'holding it' issue.

6. hockeydude35 macrumors member

Yeah, same for me. I've dropped a number of calls (more than have actually completed) even while the phone shows full bars and has a case on it. I've also had issues with my 3G data...last night it just didn't work, at all. I can sit here with the phone flat on my desk and run SpeedTest 8 times and have results from 0/0 to 2000/2000...it's not steady at all. I have an appt. with the Genius bar, but i'm not really sure if that will get me anywhere or not.

7. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

These bars have no meaning since Apple provided the software fix 2 years ago. All I care about are my calls going through and my web pages load, and neither is happening on the consistent basis.

8. hockeydude35 macrumors member

Agreed.

9. Ender17 thread starter macrumors regular

has the bumper case helped with dropped calls?

10. eezing macrumors 6502

eezing

Even though my iPhone 4 does drop bars like everyone else, I haven't experienced dropped calls or data loss any more than my 3G.

Side note:
    Just purchased the bumper today, bars still go down when holding in bottom left corner, but only 1-2 bars.

11. gceo macrumors 6502a

gceo

It did for me. But my phone will still randomly go into EDGE where my 3Gs never did before. weird.

I tried the mSIM fix today, so far, so good... but time will tell.