Quick question hopefully you guys can help ...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jrico24, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Jrico24 macrumors newbie

I'm going to be doing a swap with this guy on campus of my 2g iphone for the 3g one. I'm obviously gonna deactivate my phone before i give it to him and clear all my info off. My question is once i get the 3g from him what would i have to do. If I go to At&t are they gonna give me a problem activating it ?

2. ucsdmac macrumors 6502

ucsdmac

whoa.. hes trading his new 3g for an old first gen?? .. weird

anyways.. more info would help..who's your current provider? if its att, then just pop in the sim card.. if its not..then you can take it in and set up an account

3. Jrico24 thread starter macrumors newbie

I think he's probably interested in selling the iphone unlocked and stuff for the money on ebay. My service provider is At&t, so are they gonna give me a problem when I walk in with an Iphone 3g already in hand and ask them to activate it ? what are they gonna have me do. How would I get my sim card out of the current phone I thought Iphones didnt work like that

4. Carl G35c macrumors 6502

why dont you just take out your old sim out of the 2g one and pop it in the 3g. No need to take it to att

5. Jrico24 thread starter macrumors newbie

How do I take apart the 2g and to get my sim out of it ? and will I still have the 3g service i thought that was more a month

6. LePigeonBleu macrumors 6502

take a paperclip to the tiny hole in the top. that will slide a tray out. don't touch the gold part of the sim.

after, you can call att and tell them you have the 3G, and changes will be made... and it is $10 more a month.

m

7. Jrico24 thread starter macrumors newbie

now will i have to call At&t and tell them i have a 3g in order to get that coverage, and will they get pissed if they find out i just swapped sim cards.

8. LePigeonBleu macrumors 6502

no, they won't get pissed. they encourage that! in addition, you end up paying them $10 more a month for data.

m

9. Jeremy1026 macrumors 68020

Jeremy1026

No, you shouldnt have to call AT&T at all honestly. You'll save $10/mo if you dont.

10. LePigeonBleu macrumors 6502

actually, i think the sim picks up that it's a 3g, and changes automatically on the account. but, i could be wrong. also, they wouldn't have a loophole that big, to sneak around $10.

m