Quick question: How do YOU get wallpapers to your phone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Savage, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Savage macrumors 6502

Savage

I save the image to my computer in a folder Wallpapers and have it set to sync to my phone via iTunes. The way I have been doing it works for me but I'm just wondering if there is an alternative method that is perhaps the "intended" way of doing it or whatever. And while I'm on the subject, is there any way to show the name of the folder on the list with Camera Roll and Photo Library? Thanks.

2. X2D macrumors newbie

I probably do it the hard way lol, I take the pictures URL and use http://sendtophone.info and send myself a text msg and save it then pull it up thru the camera roll.

3. nataliamck macrumors 6502

I just search for pictures via Safari on my iPhone and save the image to my camera roll. If the image doesn't look right as a wallpaper I just delete it.

Although your way keeps everything nice and neat.

4. mrathee macrumors 6502

I search sometimes on the phone and save directly (via web search or one of the many wallpaper apps) or I search via PC and email all the photos to myself and to the ipad.
    - this way, 1 email to both devices (i make sure the walls are high quality so they can be cropped and used on either device), and once I download the email, I can save the images in bulk to my device.

I find the 2nd way is much more efficient.

5. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I put them in iPhoto and tag them with the word "wallpaper."

I have a smart album that finds anything with "wallpaper" in the description and I sync that with my phone. So no matter where my wallpapers are in iPhoto, the smart album will find them and sync them with my phone.

6. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

I have an event in iPhoto called "iPhone Wallpaper". I import new pictures into that event and sync it with the phone via iTunes.

7. machacker macrumors regular

I use dropbox. I just save the photos to my dropbox folder on my mac, and they sync to the phone instantly.

8. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I do this as well.

9. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

Ditto

10. OC513 macrumors 6502

me too

11. timerollson macrumors 65816

Save it from Safari when I'm browsing the web.

12. iggypod macrumors 6502a

iggypod

+1. Very efficient!

13. SophiaLee macrumors 6502a

SophiaLee

14. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

This.

15. eddiec312 macrumors 6502

eddiec312

16. WishIWasHere macrumors regular

I normally use the Backdrops app, but I have a 3GS so I don't really know how they look on that retina display. Sorry, this link is only to their website. I'm on my phone and don't really see how to link to app store from here.

http://interfacelift.com/backdrops/

17. Savage thread starter macrumors 6502

Savage

18. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A400 Safari/6531.22.7)

Sometimes I download them from my computer, and email them to myself. However, most of the wallpapers that I use are the pictures that I took.

19. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

I open the full size version of the image in safari and save it to the camera roll....I found some nice pictures on Karisweets.com

20. a.jfred macrumors 6502

I just use my own pix ... I have some photos that I sync via itunes (Photos folder on my Mac), in different folders (by subject), select photo, and set as wall paper :)

I don't use iPhoto.

21. Glaxx macrumors regular

Glaxx

That's what I do. Definitely one of the easiest ways to do this.

22. akasch macrumors regular

Wow some of these are tedious. If I am browsing on my phone I just save it to the camera roll. If I'm on my Mac I just drag it to Dropbox and then open up the app on my phone and save it to the phone.

23. HighLife420 macrumors 6502a

i have a folder called Iphone in Pictures...just drop the pics in there and sync that folder with my phone.

24. Ann P macrumors 68020

I just use mail to attach and send them to myself. Computer to iPhone.

25. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

The reason I stopped saving everything to the Camera Roll is because it becomes a real pain to sort through a bunch of wallpaper photos when you're trying to import pictures that you've taken with the iPhone. I prefer to keep the camera roll free of everything except for snapshots that I've taken. Apple really should come up with a way to save photos to the phone somewhere other than the camera roll. Letting you create your own albums & events on the fly would be great.

I just stole your method and I'm liking it so far. It's nice to tag photos from anywhere in iPhoto (and I have a LOT of events) and have them synced to the phone as a smart album without having to sync an entire event or creating new albums or events and duplicating photos.