Quick question: iPhone activation and family plan

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Taylor C, Aug 20, 2007.

1. Taylor C macrumors 6502a

Hey guys,

I'm picking up my 8G iPhone tomorrow finally, but I've got a quick question. My current carrier is AT&T, and I plan to just transfer my current number to my iPhone. However, I'm currently in a family plan. Am I correct in thinking that iTunes will just ask me if I want to transfer an existing number, I'll say I'm a current AT&T customer, and then I'll put in the main phone number for the family plan/choose my phone number to transfer/add the $20 data plan.

Is this correct? My current number isn't the main one on the account, but I don't know why that would matter.

2. Sean7512 macrumors 6502a

Yes, that is correct...it is a very easy process and you should have no problems. Enjoy your new iPhone :)

3. Taylor C thread starter macrumors 6502a

4. rriggs macrumors newbie

except you have to pay for separate internet and text messages on the second phone. like, even if you get unlimited messaging on your iPhone, that doesn't cover txts from any other phones. they have a scam for everything!

5. beate macrumors regular

You've always had to have a separate data plan per line - at AT&T anyway.

6. NewSc2 macrumors 65816

Some companies, when you apply "unlimited text" to one line, it applies to all lines. I didn't really get it but I guess it works out. It's not that big of a deal with the iPhone, with free e-mail and meebo. Plus unlimited data for $20/mo. is a steal.