Quick Question iPhone and +Nike

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by nomhak, Feb 5, 2009.

1. nomhak macrumors newbie

Ok, I searched and the last answers were from 07, or so those are the only answers that popped up for me. But I'm curious and it may be common sense for some of you, but coming only from a Nano.

Does +nike work with iPHONE 3G?

I know it work with the iTouch, so does that mean it works with both?

Sorry if this is a stupid question; But this is literally the make or break factor for me.

Thanks guys.

2. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

No. It's not much use anyway unless you run that much.

3. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

There are alternatives to Nike+ available free in the App Store. Have a look here:

http://lifehacker.com/5061138/roll-your-own-nike%252B-iphone-for-free

So you can do the same thing, without the thing in your shoe. Downside is they don't afaik integrate with Nike's own info website, but if that's not a showstopper then enjoy your running with the iPhone :)

4. nomhak thread starter macrumors newbie

Haha, Touche, but! This thread would have been a waste of time to create unless I did run quite a bit. I'm looking for a sophisticated monitoring tool that I can do multiple things with.

Now that's interesting, thanks a lot man, total help!

5. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

Heart Rate Monitor

I guess this would kind of fit in with this thread, does anyone know of a heart rate monitor that will show up on the iPhone? I have looked at the apps on the App Store but it's all those ones that you have to use the mic with. I don't think they work very well and I would like one that I could wear the strap and have the data on my iPhone. I assume I would then be able to SSH the data, if necessary, and print it out.

David

6. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

7. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

Thanks! I already have a Polar HRM and was just wondering because then when I go for a run or to the gym, I would be able to see how I did before without bringing my MBP.:p

David