Quick question on Poss Restoring phone

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by tttexxan, Aug 22, 2010.

1. tttexxan macrumors 6502a

Couple days ago drop phone on kitchen tile. No damage seen, but for some reason as of yesterday my battery is really draining faster than normal. I have jailbroken with MyWI, Lockinfo, Uwatch, SSH, SBS settings, Rock, Cydia, couple of add ons for lockinfo to give an idea of apps.

THought about restoring phone but will I have to get the new update and lose the jailbreak by doing so???? We have not downloaded the new update yet but wondering if apple forces to do so on restore. Any suggestions would be great

2. celticpride678

Yes, restoring would bring you to iOS 4.0.2. You can backup your SHSH blobs to restore to your current firmware however in Cydia.

Google how to do this.

3. tttexxan thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks will give a look on how to do that. I would hate to lose the jailbreak. I really doubt just dropping would cause the strange behavior with the battery.

4. f4780y macrumors 6502

f4780y

When you go into Cydia, at the top of the screen, does it tell you that you shsh's on file for 4.0.1 (or do you know this yourself without checking)?

If so then you are able to restore 4.0.1 using Saurik's servers. There are plenty of guides you can find on here by searching which will explain the exact process. If you get stuck, ask again for a link.

If you don't have the blobs backed up then you are plain out of luck. There is no way to restore 4.0.1 now unless you have your shsh blobs (which are unique to your phone) already saved. Apple has stopped providing them as of Friday. There is no hack or other fix to get round it. You will just have to wait for a jailbreak to be developed for 4.1 (or later). Sorry.

5. f4780y macrumors 6502

f4780y

Unfortunately, Apple stopped signing shsh's for 4.0.1 on Friday, so there is no way to get them saved now if he hadn't already done it.

6. celticpride678

You're right. My mistake OP - you can only restore to iOS 4.0.2