Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Agent 21

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 27, 2009
OK, so I had jailbroken my phone and everything was working like a charm. Well, I let a friend play with it and he too has a jailbroken iPhone and asked if I had DLed a certain patch for something yet. I said not that I know of so he was like "oh get it, it's great". I told him to go ahead and DL it for me as I was busy. It was the MiPatch. Problem is, he DLed the one for the 2.2.1 firmware and I am on a 3GS with the 3.0 FW (obviously, lol). He said it was just habit because he has a 2G iPhone still running the 2.2.1 so he naturally DLs things for that FW.

Problem is, after it installed my phone reset and is now stuck on the Apple logo, it NEVER boots past that. I get the little "circle" indicator that lets you know its working/processing something, but that freezes. Like normally the dashes that make up the circle appear to "spin" but mine just spins like a quarter turn then freezes for like 5 mins, then a little bit more, then freezes. Then the phone goes black and restarts itself and the entire process repeats. However, when I plug my phone into a computer/iTunes it still shows my phone as normal, it doesn't say its in restore mode or anything. And even when it's powered off it still rings like its on (on the callers end), it doesn't go right to VM like a phone thats off does.

I have come to the conclusion that I just need to restore and re-JB it, which is annoying but fine. However, I have a question. I'm not home to restore from my last backup, I was wondering if I restore at a friends house and just "set up new phone", will that change my ECID, iBSS, and iBEC files that I got back when the Dev Team suggested we do so for future JBs? Will those three files/numbers be the same or will they be different and I'll have to go through the process of getting them again? If they are the same no matter what (like if they are hardware-specific) then I'll just restore it by "setting up a new phone" then later I can restore it from my backup, or I can just sync it back to my iTunes for my contacts and stuff.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Agent 21

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 27, 2009
I don't EVER do this, but *BUMP*

Does anyone know if the ECID, iBSS, and iBEC files stay the same when you restore? And should I restore as a new phone, restore from backup, or use that .ipsw 3.0 file I installed in order to get those iBSS and iBEC files initially?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.