Quick question on the ipad 2

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by romeo22, Oct 24, 2011.

1. romeo22 macrumors member

Im completly new to the ipad scene, if i get an iPad 2 Wi-Fi not 3G will i be able to jailbreak it and connect to my phone using pdanet and use the 3g from my phone?

2. Meanee macrumors 6502a

Short answer, no.

First, PDANet is only for USB tethering. If you have a rooted Android device, get WiFi Tether. Free on market. And does not need for iPad to be jailbroken to use it.

If you get iPad 2 now, chances are that OS version on it will not allow jailbreaking, you may have to wait for new OS to be jailbroken. It can happen within next week, next month, next year, or never. Nobody knows.

3. romeo22 thread starter macrumors member

The ipad 2 is jailbroken, im sure you can use pdanet as a hotspot like mywi? i do that with my iphone 4 and connect my laptop to it so was wondering if i get a ipad 2 wifi only can i connect it to my iphone 4 to use the 3g from my phone?

4. Meanee macrumors 6502a

Maybe you need to get your terminology in order. PDANet is an Android app designed for bluetooth/USB tethering. More here: http://junefabrics.com/android/

WiFi tethering products, such as Android's WiFi Tether, or iPhone MyFi do not need a CLIENT device to be modified/jailbroken. As long as you can connect to wifi access point, you are good to go.

5. NTeggerdine macrumors member

I use PDANet to tether my iPhone 4 to my iPad 2 but you don't need your iPad to be jail broken only your iPhone so you can get the PDANet app. Works great for me I recomend PDANet over mywi any day

6. romeo22 thread starter macrumors member

Why you think pdanet is better?