Quick Question ordering in Apple.com

Discussion in 'iPad' started by neuxao, Apr 29, 2011.

1. neuxao macrumors newbie

It says that the shipping takes around 1-2 weeks, so my questions is, that means that you are going to recieve in your house for a max of 15 days??

thanks!

2. kcmo macrumors member

There's really no guarantee of when you'll receive it. If you look at the sticky at the top regarding whose ipad has shipped, you'll see a myriad of ship dates. Some folks have waited in excess of a month...:eek:

It's frustrating, I know, but I've tried locally to nab one and had no luck. I ordered online via Apple on 4/22 and mine still says 'not yet shipped' which is fine, but not if it stays this way for another 2 weeks.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it is what it is.

3. neuxao thread starter macrumors newbie

even if I order from Apple.com they dont make it on time?? I was thinking because is the official store they will make it on time.

Thanks for your fast response :)

4. kcmo macrumors member

5. neuxao thread starter macrumors newbie

Allright thank you!

6. Ecoh macrumors 6502a

Ecoh

My experience with Apple is if they say shipping in 1-2 weeks , it WILL ship in 1-2 weeks. That does not mean delivered at your door. Delivery will take a few more days. Most times my orders ship earlier than the range they give and are delivered before the last ship date. The iPads seem to be taking the longer ship date.

My iPad 2 shipped 2 days earlier than the range they gave. It took 5 days to be delivered after it shipped.

7. RossMc macrumors 65816

RossMc

It will be shipped within 1-2 weeks and delivered to you within 3-7 business days after it has shipped.

8. moosquared macrumors regular

moosquared

When I went to the the local apple store here, they are all sold out on the 3G iPad, but still have a few of the wifi version. So I ordered mine (white, 32GB, ATT) from apple.com on April 19. Estimated delivery was May 14. Then it moved up to May 10. And I just checked again a while ago, it's now prepared for shipment and delivery date is May 9... :D
    Can't wait!!

9. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Around is an estimate so there is no known max.