Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zub3qin

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 10, 2007
I have 1.0.2
I wanted to go to 1.1.1 and then hacktivate and jailbreak (not unlock). Just using my iPhone as a phoneless-iPod/PDA.

The problem is that I can't get the 1.1.1 firmware anymore since iTunes is only offering me 1.1.2

I see that there is a iPhone1,1_1.1.1_3A109a_Restore.ipsw.zip.download
file which is used by people that have 1.1.2 and want to downgrade to 1.1.1

But is this is ths exact same file that would be needed if I wanted to go from 1.0.2 UP to 1.1.1?

Thanks!

growltiger

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2007
Firmware post only takes me to 1.1

Sad but I need to get to 1.1.1 and the posted firmware only goes as far as 1.1. Any ideas on how to get to the next level?

macattack87

macrumors member
Nov 14, 2007
Jersey
yes its the same file, download that 1.1.1 make sure to rename it so it ends in

_restore.ipsw

then option click on the restore tab in itunes and restore from that file

beorning

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2007
Sorry for the total n00b post, but I can't find any details after long search.

I have d/l'd the .ipsw for 1.1.1 but it only shows up as a folder. I tried d/ling from a few different sources - including apple's own site.

When I option click restore, it wants me to pick a file for the restore, but I can't select the folder.

How do i turn the .ipsw to a package or whatever needed to be able to select it in the restore?

running Mac OS X 10.4.10 on a MacBook

edit
Well - I knew it was n00bish - and 30 minutes after this post I found out that you have to change the extension of the file. Delete the .zip and you're left with a .ipsw and it works like a charm.

Thank You Ms Zimmerman for teaching me to read :D

meagain

macrumors 68030
Nov 18, 2006
I'm in the same situation. Have 1.0.2 hacked and want to go to 1.1.1 and rehack (not unlock).

Zub - did you have to "revirginize" or "restore via itunes" prior to trying to get to 1.1.1?

Also - anyone have an answer to the above so we can load the 1.1.1?

Cave Man

macrumors 604
Make sure you uncheck "Open safe files" in Safari's general preferences before downloading the 1.1.1 firmware, otherwise it will be unzipped and broken. Re-zipping will not fix it. Then start your iPhone in recovery mode (power+home for 15", then release power while holding home), then connect to your Mac and launch iTunes. When the phone is found, option-click the Restore button and find the zipped 1.1.1 firmware file.

meagain

macrumors 68030
Nov 18, 2006
Jumping in with a question.... Today I restored and activated to AT&T. I've been unable to downgrade to 1.1.1 whereas I previously was successful on 2 phones. I get the 1015 error. My phone just won't accept 1.1.1 for some reason anymore.

The only instructions I see for 1015 error is to install iNdependence. But I've never had to use it before. My phone is in a constant recovery mode and I don't know how to get 1.1.1 back on it. Did the activation to AT&T 'do' something to disable my ability to get 1.1.1? I want to use Jailbreakme again.

projectrally

macrumors newbie
Dec 23, 2007
Portland, Maine
sorry to revive a dead thread, but i've got a question. Running itunes 7.5, i can't seem to get this to work. I've downloaded the 1.1.1 firmware, renamed the zip file correctly, and done the update. When it completes, i get the 1015 error just like everything says i should, but then i still get the "please restore" screen, and I can't do anything. I've tried this a few times, always with the same result. Any solutions?

brando88

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2007
sorry to revive a dead thread, but i've got a question. Running itunes 7.5, i can't seem to get this to work. I've downloaded the 1.1.1 firmware, renamed the zip file correctly, and done the update. When it completes, i get the 1015 error just like everything says i should, but then i still get the "please restore" screen, and I can't do anything. I've tried this a few times, always with the same result. Any solutions?

go to my site and read the guide

web.mac.com/brandch

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.