Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dizzydot

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 24, 2010
UK
Hi all, I'm just about to order a 13" MBP from the educational store but before I go through the whole process can someone tell me if I can get my order delivered to a different address to the address my card is registered?:confused:

The reason being my card is registered to my home address but I want the mac delivered to an address where I know someone will be there to sign for it?

Thanks in advance.
Dizzydot.

njek

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2011
Warminster, UK
Hi all, I'm just about to order a 13" MBP from the educational store but before I go through the whole process can someone tell me if I can get my order delivered to a different address to the address my card is registered?:confused:

The reason being my card is registered to my home address but I want the mac delivered to an address where I know someone will be there to sign for it?

Thanks in advance.
Dizzydot.

Yes you can :) Got mine delivered yesterday to my work address, while my card is registered to my home address :D

dizzydot

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 24, 2010
UK
Cool - thanks

Thanks for the reply njek-much appreciated.

Now if only I could decide between the i5 and i7 ..... (and yes I have read all the threads on it but I'm still undecided). :rolleyes:

iStudentUK

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2009
London
Thanks for the reply njek-much appreciated.

Now if only I could decide between the i5 and i7 ..... (and yes I have read all the threads on it but I'm still undecided). :rolleyes:

Yes you can get it delivered elsewhere. Apple may phone you to check it is you and not someone else using your card, but that is unlikely.

As a UK uni student are you aware that buying online you get a 3 year warranty as standard? Without the need to buy AppleCare. May save you £60!

EDIT- If you are just using it for everyday stuff I'd go for the i5. It's a big price step to the i7. However, be sure- you can't upgrade it later! You could save the money or use it for something else - 128 GB solid state? £100 more for an iPad 2?! I've got a 2.13GHz C2D and it never struggles because I only web browse, iTunes, write essays etc.

dizzydot

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 24, 2010
UK
As a UK uni student are you aware that buying online you get a 3 year warranty as standard? Without the need to buy AppleCare. May save you £60!

EDIT- If you are just using it for everyday stuff I'd go for the i5. It's a big price step to the i7. However, be sure- you can't upgrade it later! You could save the money or use it for something else - 128 GB solid state? £100 more for an iPad 2?! I've got a 2.13GHz C2D and it never struggles because I only web browse, iTunes, write essays etc.

Thanks iStudentUK :)
I'm actually doing a degree at Middlesex Uni so I was going to take full advantage of the 3 year warranty!

As for the i5/i7 debate tbh I know that for my present needs the i5 will be good (hell anything will be an improvement compared to my delapidated Acer laptop), it's just the thought that I can't upgrade the processor later that bothers me. I keep changing my mind every few mins. :mad:

iStudentUK

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2009
London
Thanks iStudentUK :)
I'm actually doing a degree at Middlesex Uni so I was going to take full advantage of the 3 year warranty!

As for the i5/i7 debate tbh I know that for my present needs the i5 will be good (hell anything will be an improvement compared to my delapidated Acer laptop), it's just the thought that I can't upgrade the processor later that bothers me. I keep changing my mind every few mins. :mad:

Glad you knew about it! A lot of people don't. I made a thread with all the details I could think of here, so check that if you have any questions.

As I said, my MacBook has a 2.13GHz C2D. It is nearly two years old. My gf has an even older MB with the 2.0 (2.5 years old). The processor has never been an issue for either of us (in recent months there have been a couple of times where 4GB of RAM would have been good though). It is hard to say, but I'd imagine the i5 will be fine in 3 years time. Not trying to tell you what to do though, just saying what I would do! Why don't you see if you can try both out in store?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.