Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

landt7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 7, 2020
I got the iPhone 11 in October using the Apple upgrade program, I now want to get the pro max instead (that's what i originally wanted back in October, but talked myself out of it...no idea why)

Anyway, is there a way for me to pay off the 11 now and essentially be "done" with that phone so i can get a pro max on the upgrade program? I understand if I wait until the 6 month mark I'd be able to change phones by paying the equivalent of 12 payments, but I'm wondering if it's possible to do this before 6 months?

VineRider

macrumors 65816
May 24, 2018
I don’t think so, since it’s specifically spelled out in the terms and conditions that you can upgrade early after 6 months.

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
I got the iPhone 11 in October using the Apple upgrade program, I now want to get the pro max instead (that's what i originally wanted back in October, but talked myself out of it...no idea why)

Anyway, is there a way for me to pay off the 11 now and essentially be "done" with that phone so i can get a pro max on the upgrade program? I understand if I wait until the 6 month mark I'd be able to change phones by paying the equivalent of 12 payments, but I'm wondering if it's possible to do this before 6 months?

Yeah, you should be able to - They gave me an early settlement fee on upgrade programme after one payment.

Go onto the Apple Store and check your eligibilty - It'll tell you the amount you need to pay to upgrad early.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.