Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MaulRx

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 27, 2012
Is it permissible for me to sell a Verizon iPad Pro that I still owe money with them? I recently received a new one and would like to sell my cellular model to pay off what's left on the payment plan.

Geekbabe

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2011
I am a vzw customer & the only way I would buy your iPad is if we met at the store and you paid the balance off in person. People want clean devices, free of outstanding payment obligations.

sigomez

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2009
Houston, TX
From my understanding you can sell it as long as the account remains current with Verizon.

I while back I cancelled my service with them, sold my iPhone and didn't pay it off for another month. The buyer didn't have any issues whatsoever and never even had a clue it was still under verizons payment plan.

eltoslightfoot

macrumors 68020
Feb 25, 2011
By cancelling your service, you had to pay the device off. I don't know how else that would have happened.

Oh okay, I see what you said. So they actually let you cancel your service entirely without paying your phone off? I find that very hard to believe. They made it abundantly clear that I would be responsible for paying the balance of the phone if I canceled service.

bensisko

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2002
The Village
Yep. I had an iPad Mini 2 on "the plan". I paid the outstanding balance before selling it.
I knew the person I was selling it to, so I left the data active for a month before they activated it on their account.

Watch out though... Verizon is pretty terrible about deactivating devices. They have sometching where you can suspend a device, which is usually what they end up doing- then I have to call them two more times before it's finally off my account.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.