Quick question regarding current and future mbp

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iDave08, Mar 18, 2010.

1. iDave08 macrumors newbie

First off, new to the forums. I've been here on and off though whenever apples going to be getting my money soon. Sorry for the SN, my usual was taken and being this is mac forum it seemed fitting.

I'm a college student that uses a computer for the usual video/ picture/ internet and lots of office work. Currently I have a G5 imac and a 12" Ibook G4. ( If you're reading this on a unibody mbp still dying for a mbp update just imagine a G4 on panther). Both of which are beyond the point of it being worth while to try and put them on a more current OS.

So my consideration is between buying a lightly used 2.66 15" mbp with discrete graphics etc vs a base 13" mbp "i5". Coming from my two computers i'm sure either of these would be little hot rods. So what I was wondering was is there likely to be any disadvantage to a future mbp to a current mid end one?

Also I've tried searching it before but is there actually a set date for the "back to school sale" or does it vary yearly.

2. nconnella macrumors regular

Search harder. This has been discussed to death. No one knows anything about the updates, only speculation which is useless for making a decision. So... no one can tell you. I wouldn't expect any more answers with the amount this has already been discussed.