Quick question regarding putting on and taking pictures off iPhone...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by STC, May 25, 2008.

1. STC macrumors 6502a

Ok guys, quick question for you...

Can I put on and take off pictures w/o iTunes? And how do I pull pictures off the iPhone and put them on the computer? I dont see any way of doing this in iTunes.

btw: I'm on an XP machine.
    Thx!

2. Surely Guest

Surely

You need to be more specific: Are you using a Mac or a PC?

If you're using a Mac, then your iPhone will sync with iPhoto, and that will be how you move photos back and forth.

I'm not sure how it works with a PC. I'm sure if you tried using the search tool on these forums (top right of the page), you will quickly find the answer though.

3. STC thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm on an XP machine (PC).
    Windows XP does not recognize my iPhone as a "Scanner or Camera". It doenst show up in My Computer.

How do I get XP to recognize my iPhone and how do I pull pics off it?
    Oh btw: my iPhone was jailbroken w/ iLiberty and no problems so far (I doubt this has anything to do w/ it though)

Pls help.
    Thx!

4. STC thread starter macrumors 6502a

N/M, i figured it out (I think).

You need pictures in the camera roll (pics taken w/ iPhone camera) to get XP to recognize it. Weird, but it works.

5. ifengzi macrumors newbie

ifengzi

The right environment... Unlocked phone, version 1.1.4 on a XP machine... When you plug the iphone in a dialog window appears displaying what actions you'd like to take with the device:
    -scanning
    -office word
    -and scanner / camera

If this doesn't happen goto start>control panel> and open the scanner and camera option from there.

No ITunes... This 'should' work! Good luck...!