Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Boosh!

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 12, 2009
Me again!

Just a quick one this time (my previous issue fixed its self):rolleyes:

Basically I want to know, when running the macbook with 2 screens that are not mirrored, is there any way to watch a movie on one screen (ie my TV) and carry on browsing the net on my mac?

Only reason I ask is everytime I put a movie on full screen on my TV then go back to my macbook, it comes out of full screen everytime I click on something on the internet :(

(If anyone knows a FAQ about dual screens feel free to link me up as I can't find one :()

silencer88

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2009
In what program are you displaying the videos? It would be a program-specific setting. I know quicktime 7 had an option to stay full screen.

kutsushita

macrumors regular
May 9, 2010
Houston
just drag it all the way out. you'll get some borders but it works just fine imo. also, try using VLC instead of craptime. more options for screen sizes and an equalizer as well.

The Boosh!

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 12, 2009
It's more when watching things online.

Here in the UK we have something called BBC iPlayer which allows you to catch up on shows you have missed. As far as I know they use flash :(

I'm guessing there isn't a way around this then :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.