Quick question.. updating iphone (mac to windows)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Stoutman11, May 8, 2011.

1. Stoutman11, May 8, 2011
    Last edited: May 8, 2011

Stoutman11 macrumors member

(MAC TO WINDOWS)

Hi all! Please help if possible. I have an iphone 4. I have a mac. I gave it to my friend and he has windows. He put in his micro-sim in my phone and i did a full restore on my mac. I then plug it into his windows laptop to back up from his old iphone but the phone doesnt show up in itunes?! If i did a full restore on the phone should windows itunes recgonize it and he put all his data on there from his old phone (iphone 3g)?

any help is appreciated. btw when i plugged in his old 3g his itunes recogonizes it right away.

Thanks!!

2. Stoutman11 thread starter macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Geez 40 views and nobody can help? Or suggestions?? Thanks

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Any computer with itunes should recognize the phone.
    Make sure he has the latest itunes version installed on his computer.

4. Stoutman11 thread starter macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

The windows laptop would make the chirp sound like it recognized the usb device being plugged in but wouldnt show up in itunes at all. Why will his 3 g show up but not the 4? He has to have the latest version of itunes for it to show up?

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes.