Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SpaceMagic

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 26, 2003
Cardiff, Wales
Hey all,

What exactly is in the new iBook box. Like what cables? What disks? etc.. everything basically. Just trying to work out what extra i'm going to buy.

Cheers,

SpaceMagic

macbaseball

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2005
Northern California
What’s Included In the Box:

- iBook G4
- VGA display adapter
- Modem cable
- Power adapter, AC wall plug and power cord
- Lithium-ion battery
- Install/restore DVDs
- Printed and electronic documentation

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
macbaseball said:
What’s Included In the Box:<snip>
You left out the most important items: two, gorgeous, white, Apple logo stickers! :D The rest of that list is just something extra they package. ;)

court

macrumors member
Aug 22, 2005
SpaceMagic said:
Hey all,

What exactly is in the new iBook box. Like what cables? What disks? etc.. everything basically. Just trying to work out what extra i'm going to buy.

Cheers,

SpaceMagic

hey when did you order yours?? I ordered on the 18th of this month and it still hasn't shipped off. It's said preparing for shipment for 2 days now. I didn't think it would stay on there that long. I HATE fedex. They are so slow. My husband sat at home today waiting for our Ipods and they NEVER came. Ugh!

SpaceMagic

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 26, 2003
Cardiff, Wales
court said:
hey when did you order yours?? I ordered on the 18th of this month and it still hasn't shipped off. It's said preparing for shipment for 2 days now. I didn't think it would stay on there that long. I HATE fedex. They are so slow. My husband sat at home today waiting for our Ipods and they NEVER came. Ugh!

Ordered it yesterday, 22nd August. The reseller is out of stock at the moment though, as are most UK resellers. So I'm just waiting for Apple to get their act together and Stock all their loyal resellers!

EDIT: Stock in - arriving tomorrow:)

Les Kern

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2002
Alabama
devilot76 said:
You left out the most important items: two, gorgeous, white, Apple logo stickers! :D The rest of that list is just something extra they package. ;)

Also the nifty "paperoid" bag the iBook comes in, and the cardboard that covers the gear. Apple is known for quality packaging. It's all a blur to me as I've opened well over 1,000 of them in the last 2 years, so the packaging to me is invisible. I can rip through an iBook box in less than ten seconds, separating the components into piles. Check out my destroyed summer.
Want to see good packaging? Buy an iSight. Maybe a Mini too.

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
Les Kern said:
Apple is known for quality packaging. It's all a blur to me as I've opened well over 1,000 of them in the last 2 years, so the packaging to me is invisible.
What have you done w/ all those glorious stickers?! Care to share the love? :D

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
ITASOR said:
UGH! Mine didn't come with ANY stickers!!!!
You're kidding me, right?! That sucks! I could have sworn that most Apple boxed products came w/ the stickers... and at least the computers! :eek:

polythene pam

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2005
Florida
My ipod came with the stickers, and so did my ibook. So I have an extra pair. If anyone wants one I can mail it to you, no problem. I can imagine how disappointing it must be to not have received the stickers! :)

joepunk

macrumors 68030
Aug 5, 2004
a profane existence
Hmm... all this talk about stickers makes me wonder where on earth I put the ones that came with my PB? I don't believe that I got any stickers with my iPod....Grrr.

tuartboy

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2005
Proudly Displayed since 5/2004

car.jpg

court

macrumors member
Aug 22, 2005
That looks great on a tinted window. Mine aren't tinted so it doesn't stand out as much, not to mention I have a white car. LOL.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.