quick question

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Che Castro, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Che Castro macrumors 603

my iphone 4 is stuck in boot apple logo

i need to restore

wiht the iphone 4 is it better to restore as new or it doesnt matter?

i remember with the iphone 3g with firmware 3.0 people would say to restore as new cause restore from backup causes lag

2. Che Castro thread starter macrumors 603

i was on firmware 4.0.1 before i got stuck on the boot screen

but now when i try to restore by holding shift then click on restore and select firmware 4.0.1 from my desktop i get an error saying it cannot restore

I cant use the same firmware i have to upgrade to 4.1?

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Did you have shsh saved on sauriks server or on your computer for version 4.0.1?
    Are you redirecting your iTunes hosts or using tinyumbrella to restore?

4. Che Castro thread starter macrumors 603

5. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

Repost X per day.

Download and run Tinyumbrella:
    1) Make sure you Iphone is detected.
    2) check "Advanced Options."
    3) In new window, under "Device / Version," select the firmware version you want to restore to.
    4) Click on "Save my SHSH." Pray Cydia has them. If you don't get an error, it has been saved onto your computer.
    5) Repeat to save other firmware hashes if you wish.
    6) Now, click on "Display SHSHs." It should listed all hashes you have saved on your computer and the firmware you can restore with. If it's not there, you can't restore to it.
    7) Start "TSS server," download official firmware file somewhere (google) and restore through iTunes with that file.
    8) If you phone get stuck during the restore process, try "Kick out of recovery..."'in Tinyumbrella.
    9) Using safari on the phone, go to jailbreakme.com to JB.

6. Che Castro thread starter macrumors 603

can i do this now , or is this for when i save the shsh in my pc

7. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

Steps 1-6 saves your SHSH files onto your computer. Thought that was pretty clear in the instructions. Apparently, not.

8. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

TinyUmbrella is just one way to do this. If you are having trouble with it, here is another:

1. Make sure your device has an iOS 4.0 or 4.0.1 SHSH saved on the Cydia server. You can do this by opening Cydia and looking at the top of the home screen just below where it says "Home - Cydia". If yes, then proceed to the next step.

2. Download the firmware for your device to your computer from here:

http://ios.e-lite.org/

For example, if you have an iPhone 4 and an SHSH for iOS 4.0.1, click on the text "historical (click to expand)" at the bottom of the page and download the iPhone 4 "4.0.1 (8A306)" firmware.

3. Edit the hosts file on your computer (C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts (Windows) or /etc/hosts (Mac OS X)) and add this line to the end of it:

74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com

4. Open iTunes, select your iPhone in the device list, then hold shift (option for Mac) and click restore. Locate and "Choose" the firmware you download in step 2 and click on "Restore".

If you performed all the steps correctly, iTunes will now restore your iPhone to the version of firmware selected in step 2.

S-

9. Che Castro thread starter macrumors 603

the button "save my shsh" is grayed out so i skipped that

im sill getting error 3194

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Reposted for the 10th time today:D
    I guess people don't read or search any more.