Quick question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by doyle369, Nov 16, 2010.

1. doyle369 macrumors regular

I got a brand new iphone 4 yesterday because mine broke, I have just done a restore from back up, but I cant find the photos I took from last night, have I lost them?

2. lisarojer macrumors newbie

The iPhone is not the most open among gadgets. And it isn’t easy to get your data off it. Apple has tried it’s best to hide any iPhone related information from the user’s view. And they have succeeded to an extent, atleast the primary consumers of Apple’s goods don’t really care where (or more importantly, how) the data is stored, as long as Apple provides an application to access it.

In the iPhone’s case, the application is iTunes and the only way to put this data back on to the device is to use iTunes … unless you know where to look for it
    Buy Ebooks

3. doyle369 thread starter macrumors regular

sorry mate, how do I get the photos back then?

4. rikbrown macrumors regular

I think you've lost them. I don't believe it backs the photos up if you haven't imported them into Aperture or iPhoto or whatever.

5. Stein357 macrumors 6502

They're gone unless you transferred them on to your computer before you restored it.

6. eingbol macrumors newbie

If you don't restore them in your computer,you've lost them.:(

7. Airmark1 macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

From the support website.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1766

"Camera Roll (Photos, screenshots, images saved, and videos taken. Videos greater than 2 GB are backed up with iOS 4.0 and later.)
    Note: For devices without a camera, Camera Roll is called Saved Photos.
    "

8. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Calm down there buddy. NO phone would be able to recover those photos if the OP hadn't backed up between the time they were taken and the time the phone broke and they got a replacement. You can't really restore something that doesn't exist, can you? OP - If you didn't back up, they're gone, sorry.