quick question

Discussion in 'iPad' started by macbiker, Feb 6, 2011.

1. macbiker macrumors newbie

My receptionist at the office won an iPad at a corporate meeting.
    She has not been able to use it because she doesn't have a computer to sync it.

I'm bringing in my macbook to sync it for her at work tomorrow.

Is there anything special I need to do if she uses my computer to sync it?
    Will I need to maker her an iTunes account prior to syncing?
    Or will it use my iTunes ID automatically?

I know the question sounds, basic. But I don't have an iPad... yet.

Thanks.

2. nunes013 macrumors 65816

nunes013

if thats the computer she will be syncing with for a while i would make her her own library. when launching itunes press and hold option right after clicking itunes until the menu comes up. then choose create library. make her a library and make her her own itunes account. when you want open your library do the option thing but select choose library and select yours. then whenever she wants to sync it just select her library and sync it and then go back to yours. thats the easiest way unless she wants all of your stuff on her ipad lol. if she has her own all her songs, apps and media will be imported into her own itunes library. let me know if you need anymore help

3. reckless2k2 macrumors 6502a

I think nunes013 will confuse you.

In order to activate it for use, you need only to connect to iTunes using the connection cable that comes with the device.

Do not choose to sync with your library.

Also, have her setup an iTunes account ahead of time on any computer so she can make purchases directly on the iPad after it has been activated. Make sure she remembers the email address and password she uses for the account setup. That's what will get asked when she tries to download anything to the iPad even if it's free.

A primary computer really comes into play if she wants to backup all her purchases. A primary computer is not necessary to upgrade when a new ipad software version comes out. That can be done from any computer with iTunes as long as she doesn't sync with another computer's library.

4. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

she can actually create an itunes account directly on the ipad (in the settings). it doesn't have to be done on a computer before setting up the ipad.

5. nunes013 macrumors 65816

nunes013

i know it was kind of confusing but what happens if she needs to restore her ipad because something goes wrong. there goes everything on it. if she is not putting any music, videos, or pictures then its not really necessary to have a library because apps you can redownload for free if you bought it once. even if she wasnt going to sync it often its good to once in a while because of a problem that could occur. until apple adds wireless syncing to the cloud and over the air updates it should have its own library and account.

6. walkie macrumors 6502