Quick Question...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by My name is Alex, Mar 24, 2011.

1. My name is Alex macrumors regular

My name is Alex

Hey guys, I was just wondering what time lines started to form when iPad 2 was launched at Apple Stores in America. I'm just curious so I can tune my 'tactics' for tomorrow. Thanks :apple:

2. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

I would hope Australians have more common sense than those of us in the US.

3. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

'us in the US'? Speak for yourself.

4. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Some of us :p

5. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

:D I doubt they do, the need to stand in line despite it being easier and faster to order on line, seems to over rule common sense.

I eagerly look forward to all the new threads about lines at stores all over the world. I am sure the MR mods will do the same superb job of policing such threads as they did during the entire US iPad2 roll out.:rolleyes:

6. poloponies macrumors 68030

Okay, I'll bite. You seem like an eager youngster, but how on Earth would you expect to establish predictability on a completely random event? It's like asking someone about a winning lottery number from last month so you can use it to select this month's winning combination. There's no "right" answer or consensus to this type of question. It depends on the market, the store and the customer. You might as well ask if it was raining when anyone stood in line so you'd know whether to bring your umbrella.

7. guitardogcar macrumors member

Sorry you aren't getting respect here...

Go to the Apple store and ask when the lines start...ask how many they normally get, and know for every person in front of you there are two less iPads...

I asked the manager and he freely gave out the info. My local store said people start showing up at four in the morning, but those queuing in around six had been having success. I showed up at 6:20.

My local store gave out free coffee cards to everybody in line at 7:18, along with your ticket to get an iPad. They ran out of iPads, but everyone got coffee.

Made for a great experience. Yeah I got one, but every pad after the 64gig black wifi model I got was a white Verizon 16 gig version...the store must have had 70 that day, as I was 20th in line and only 2 people in front of me grabbed only one.

Warning though...it is a crapshoot. Agree with those on topic...as the day before they only got 12 in stock...

gdc

Your call, or just get a chair, wake up early, and have fun in line...what other option is there if you want one?

8. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

Order online.

9. guitardogcar macrumors member

Yep. Yep.

:)

10. MBPLurker macrumors member

He's asking about the international launch, which hasn't occurred yet. It won't do him much good to ask "what time do people usually line up for iPad2 and how many do you usually get in?"

11. PhoenixMac macrumors 65816

no but he can kind of guage it off of the iphone 4 launch

12. poloponies macrumors 68030

Mmmm...no, he can't. EVEN ASSUMING that exactly the same stores were involved with the iPhone launch it's a foolish venture to assume that there's any relationship to the iPad 2. There's no predictability here; they are completely (COMPLETELY) independent events.