Quick Question

Zwhaler

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Jun 10, 2006
6,746
1,023
Someone claimed that their first experiance on a mac was on something called a Lisa. They are pretty sure that that was what it was called. Anyone have any info on this? Thanks.
 

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
18,377
42
1123.6536.5321
Also, don't use a useless, ambiguous thread title like "Quick Question" - in the future, put something useful in the thread title so people actually know what you are asking about. :cool:

And yes, all it requires is a little bit of effort to search for Apple and Lisa to get your answer. Definitely not rocket science or some big secret! :p ;) :D
 

Chundles

macrumors G4
Jul 4, 2005
11,966
375
Zwhaler said:
Someone claimed that their first experiance on a mac was on something called a Lisa. They are pretty sure that that was what it was called. Anyone have any info on this? Thanks.
Lisa wasn't a Mac, it was a very early GUI computer built by Apple. Just google "Apple Lisa"
 

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
18,377
42
1123.6536.5321
Chundles said:
Lisa wasn't a Mac, it was a very early GUI computer built by Apple. Just google "Apple Lisa"
Yep, that's correct. It used a 5MHz 68000, had a 16 bit data path and a whopping 16 kB of ROM! :cool:

 

Zwhaler

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Jun 10, 2006
6,746
1,023
~Shard~ said:
Yep, that's correct. It used a 5MHz 68000, had a 16 bit data path and a whopping 16 kB or ROM! :cool:

Yep, she said thats the one. Wow that must have been ages ago!