Quick Question

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Tumeg101, Oct 7, 2007.

1. Tumeg101 macrumors 6502a

Tumeg101

I have asked this before, and never got a straight answer...

So here it is again...
    When leopard is officially released, and Steve says "Leopard will ship with all new macs starting today"
    Does this mean, if maybe the next day, or a few days after that, I go to a reseller (not an official apple owned store, but like circuit city) and I buy a new MacBook, and it doesn't have leopard on it, could I take it to an official apple store, with the receipt and ask for leopard for free? Since they said it will ship in all new macs... And just cause they were shipped to the store before, doesn't mean they don't count... because if the apple store has macs in stock, they don't throw them out for ones with leopard, they update them all with leopard drop in disks...
    So yeah... So will apple give me free leopard upgrade if this happened?? Or will I have to take it up with the reseller...
    Or maybe it just depends on who I ask... and how many times I ask them... and if I start a scene(lol, as in.. if I pout in the apple store)

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

In the past you had to fill out a form and send it off to Apple and pay around $10 for postage. You could not get the upgrade discs from Apple stores.

3. Tumeg101 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Tumeg101

so when you send out the form, with the $10 postage, you only have a chance of the free upgrade??
    Or do you send them a form, and if they wanna give you the upgrade, then you pay them $10 and they send it...

4. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

I'm not sure what you mean. The form has the conditions clearly stated. If you meet the conditions you get the upgrade, otherwise you don't. It's not like it's a game of chance...

5. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

For example here is an archive of the up-to-date program page for Tiger (on the US site, I'm sure a bit of clicking around would get you to the AUS site)...

6. Tumeg101 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Tumeg101

After reading this... it's $9.95 + Shipping + Tax...
    So basically, about $20.... thats bull crap... lol,
    Thanks for your help anyway