quick question

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by krypticos, Apr 10, 2008.

1. krypticos macrumors regular

hello, there is a person in the local trader selling a macbook c2d 2.0 ghz, 1 gb ram, combo, and had for a year or so. wants $850 dollars for it. is that a good price? should i offer what i have and see if he will take it. i have $500 dollars just want to see what you think. thank you for your time.

2. myuserid08 macrumors 6502

That is way over priced, you can buy a brand new one with a 1 year warranty for an extra $150-200, or go for a refurbished which also has a warranty.

3. krypticos thread starter macrumors regular

i agree with you on the over priced by alot and i was thinking about a refurbished. but the only reason i was thinking of getting this one was for the sheer fact that its local and maybe could get it for less. because right now i use a ibook g3 and i love it. i think that the 2.0 ghz would do me just fine but i would like the extra memory and stuff but i dont know. thank you for your comment. im still tring to make my mind up if i want to spend $1059 for a refurb or try and get this one for $500. thank you again and keep the posts coming

4. yoyo5280 macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

-Apple refurbished section

You can get a refurb for about $100 more then what he is selling his for and itl be slightly faster. Apple is very trusted so its not a big deal I think...

5. krypticos thread starter macrumors regular

yea i know the prices. but it also goes with the money issue i only have 500 dollars right now im waiting on that check for 600 dollars from government so i can get a refurb. but this one showed its face so i thought should i just spend 500 on macbook and then take 600 dollars and buy 2 iphones(one for me and my wife to be(i cant think of the word for that)lol) but there again dont know