Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Doju

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 16, 2008
Can I get the $100 off printer deal if I buy a refurb?

Doju

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 16, 2008
Okay, one more question, heh.

It says you get a $100 rebate, and you can even make it free with a mail in rebate, right? How do I get information about the mail in, could I thereotically get a $200 printer free?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Yes. More info here: http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/campaigns/printer_promo?mco=MjQyMDkxOQ
Picture 3.jpg

On another note to the OP: You'll get faster and better responses when you post a thread if you choose a title that's more descriptive like "Printer rebate with refurb?" rather than "Quick question".

From Forum Rules:
Thread titles. Use thread titles that indicate the subject of the thread, not generic titles such as "Need help". Moderators may change thread titles that have no specifics, usually by adding something more specific in parentheses.

blumoon

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2007
Okay, one more question, heh.

It says you get a $100 rebate, and you can even make it free with a mail in rebate, right? How do I get information about the mail in, could I thereotically get a $200 printer free?

As far as I know, you pay for the printer up front and then get the rebate check later. So if you buy a $200 printer, your final cost after rebate will be $100. Oh and you have to purchase the printer at the same time you purchase the computer.
Go to the refurb store and click on printer rebate for more info. There is also a link there for your online rebate.
Hope this helps.

Doju

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 16, 2008
As far as I know, you pay for the printer up front and then get the rebate check later. So if you buy a $200 printer, your final cost after rebate will be $100. Oh and you have to purchase the printer at the same time you purchase the computer.
Go to the refurb store and click on printer rebate for more info. There is also a link there for your online rebate.
Hope this helps.
So the max rebate is $100? Why are they talking about mail ins also?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
So the max rebate is $100? Why are they talking about mail ins also?
You pay for the printer up front. Then you mail in the rebate, which is a max of $100. So if you buy a $100 printer, you get the $100 rebate, making your total cost $0. If you buy a $150 printer, you get a $100 rebate, making your total cost $50.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.