Quick questions about Atomic

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by MacBH928, Dec 2, 2010.

1. MacBH928, Dec 2, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2010

MacBH928 macrumors 68020

MacBH928

Can you please move this to iPad apps forum, I didn't see there was a dedicated section

1) Any one found significant difference between Atomic and iCab? Both got fans praising them and no one is giving any real comparison between them. Looks like just another CCC and SuperDuper issue, both do exact same thing.

2) In the Atomic browser, how are youtube videos are being handled ? I noticed that it uses the youtube app. I log on to youtube mobile through the browser because using the app I get "server not correctly configured" and "This movie format is not supported" errors all the time, like 60%+ of the time, but when I use the m.youtube.com website it works just fine.

When I used atomic, I got those errors IN the browser! note, I am using the lite version.

2. CorruptedSanity macrumors member

I've been using atomic since June and love it.

Going to YouTube.com works too

3. MacBH928 thread starter macrumors 68020

MacBH928

any one knows a place for Atomic browser community where I could ask this question?

4. Meever macrumors 6502a

I bought atomic and used it for a while. After jailbreaking I tried out a few apps here and there to see how they were like. I ended up buying iCab after a few days of regular usage.

The UI looks cleaner (almost better than safari), it's got a lot of great functionality over, it's updated very regularly, and it's much more stable.

I wish the app store had ability to gift apps like steam.... 'cause I have absolutely no use for atomic now XD

5. MacBH928 thread starter macrumors 68020

MacBH928

Well I own iCab
    but thought I would made the switch to Atomic. Your opinion and some one else in another thread made me change my mind.

I thought Atomic might be faster to use.

can you tell me how does Atomic handle youtube videos?
    I think it uses the youtube app to play them

6. powersurge macrumors member

I only have one question about Atomic. Does it refresh your tabs all the time like Safari does? That's really annoying. I'll be flipping through my RSS feeds on google reader till I find a headline I want to open up in another tab go read it come back to my list of feeds and have the browser refresh causing me to have to scroll back to my position. Its not like I'm opening 10+ tabs. Normally its just 2 or 3. :mad:

7. jplumey macrumors newbie

I hate that too. I haven't had that problem with Atomic or iCab.

8. Restinbeast macrumors member

I like the idea of just buying both and seeing what you prefer.

$3 total for 2 very good apps is very reasonable. That is what is so great about the app store. While you are at it you might want to check out perfect browser as well.

I think that the balance of power shifts each time the respective companies update their app. So it is nice to have the latest browser technology available.