Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

troyhouse

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 3, 2010
hey, i know this is iphone forum, but i feel there are more knowledgable guys on here then ipad hack forum.

so just got 16gb wifi ipad with 3.2.2, and i know 4.2 is just out today. so before i upgrade, what should i do? can i still use tiny umbrella and save the shsh, is it really worth it?

tempusfugit

macrumors 65816
May 21, 2009
Chicago
hey, i know this is iphone forum, but i feel there are more knowledgable guys on here then ipad hack forum.

so just got 16gb wifi ipad with 3.2.2, and i know 4.2 is just out today. so before i upgrade, what should i do? can i still use tiny umbrella and save the shsh, is it really worth it?

use tinyumbrella to back up your shsh blobs so you have the most flexibility possible. You might as well get your 3.2.2 blob if you still can, because it may have implications on an untethered 4.2.1 jailbreak.

http://www.tinyumbrella.us

if you hit save shsh it will grab all the ones available automatically.

troyhouse

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 3, 2010
so my ipad is not jb, and there is some media such as movies, and podcasts that i want to save. i did ipad backup from itunes, but how do i access it so i can retrieve those files?

tempusfugit

macrumors 65816
May 21, 2009
Chicago
so my ipad is not jb, and there is some media such as movies, and podcasts that i want to save. i did ipad backup from itunes, but how do i access it so i can retrieve those files?

secondary click on the device in itunes and press "transfer purchases" to make sure you back up anything like that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.