quick questions, ipad, iphone

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by troyhouse, Nov 22, 2010.

1. troyhouse macrumors 6502

hey, i know this is iphone forum, but i feel there are more knowledgable guys on here then ipad hack forum.

so just got 16gb wifi ipad with 3.2.2, and i know 4.2 is just out today. so before i upgrade, what should i do? can i still use tiny umbrella and save the shsh, is it really worth it?

2. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

use tinyumbrella to back up your shsh blobs so you have the most flexibility possible. You might as well get your 3.2.2 blob if you still can, because it may have implications on an untethered 4.2.1 jailbreak.

www.tinyumbrella.us

if you hit save shsh it will grab all the ones available automatically.

3. troyhouse thread starter macrumors 6502

so my ipad is not jb, and there is some media such as movies, and podcasts that i want to save. i did ipad backup from itunes, but how do i access it so i can retrieve those files?

4. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

secondary click on the device in itunes and press "transfer purchases" to make sure you back up anything like that.

5. troyhouse thread starter macrumors 6502

i will do a clean restore, so i want to manually save media, music files. i am planning to use ipad file explorer, does anyone have experience with that, or any other similar programs?

http://www.easypadapps.com/support.html