Quick questions

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by whiskey, May 29, 2012.

1. whiskey macrumors member

Hi guys!

Sorry to bother everyone. I have 5.1.1 installed with baseband 1.59.00 preserved from using redsnow.

To jailbreak I need to use absinthe 2.0.2 and it will maintain my baseband? then I just use ultrasnow to unlock it?

I would like some clarification since I travel a lot and want to be able to use other sim cards.

Thanks for the help!

2. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Absinthe doesn't do anything to your BB.

You can jailbreak it.

Only thing is that Ultrasn0w isn't updated yet so you might get stuck on the 1 bar cosmetic issue.

3. whiskey thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the clarification TriJetHero!

the 1 bar, is that only cosmetic? ie, I still have my normal speeds?

4. ZCherub macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

Isn't the 1 bar cosmetic issue a byproduct of the NO_BB iPSW, and not of unlocking the device. OP should already have this issue if he's installed the NO_BB iPSW using RedSn0w, right?

5. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

6. whiskey thread starter macrumors member

7. Nsomnia34 macrumors regular

Themeit App

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone else is having a hard time with it opening? I'm using iPhone 4 with absinthe 2.0.2. If anyone got it fixed can you please help? I'm new to the jailbreak scene, only 2nd time jailbreaking my phone. Thanks in advance

8. whiskey thread starter macrumors member

Will try tonight and let you know.

9. whiskey thread starter macrumors member

Everything is working well for me. I just jb this evening and did the unlock. The only thing is I see no bars now rather than just the one. I can still make calls so I'm assuming its a cosmetic thing?

10. King Apple macrumors regular

King Apple

as of now it is a cosmetic thing. I continue to have 1 bar as well. hopefully there will be a fix for this soon.

11. Nsomnia34 macrumors regular

Mine Themeit app still isn't working. I've reinstalled numerous times and nothing. Is there anything I can do to fix it or just wait? Are you on 5.1.1 firmware using absinthe 2.0.2?

12. whiskey thread starter macrumors member

Ya I am on 5.1.1 and I used absinthe 2.0.2 to jb.

I used a mac if that helps?

13. Nsomnia34 macrumors regular

Icons

Thanks for the help with themeit app. Mine still isnt working and I also used a mac to jailbreak mine. I did read where they have issues with it on 5.1.1. I guess I will have to wait for it to be fixed.

But on another note. I did say I was new to this, so I was wondering where to go to get better icons from. I didnt know there was this much to know and do with jailbreaking a phone. Im just getting started and having a blast. I will take any and all info anyone wants to give me. Thanks again

14. ZCherub macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

You can download the actual icons and install them onto your phone if you know where the files should go. You can use OpenSSH or iFunbox to do this.

The other option is to use Winterboard and download themes from Cydia. Even if you go this route, you can still change plenty using iFile or the method above, so don't think that you have to stick with just the theme as downloaded - you can even customize that!