Quick Repair Question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by isaki87, Feb 20, 2009.

1. isaki87 macrumors regular

My MBP just started to flicker badly irrespective of the GPU, so I reserved a genius bar appt. for tomorrow. I don't know whether the issue is related to the logic board or power inverter; based on the numerous blogs and threads that I have read, it could be one or both parts. However my question is instead of leaving my computer at the Apple Store for a short period of time(5-7 business days), can the Apple Store order the parts that they need for repair and call me when they arrive and install that day, so I have this machine with me at all times?

Normally, I wouldn't complain, but I have major FCP/ CS4 work that I need my faster pro for.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Saki.

2. be300test macrumors member

im in canada, i do apple care work and i always order parts and let customers take machines until parts arrive. far as i know apple stores CAN do the same.

3. isaki87 thread starter macrumors regular

Thats awesome. I hope they let me do the same at the Apple Store that I go to.

Thanks.

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

IF they don't have the parts in stock they will ask you if you want to keep the computer or if you want them to hold it.

5. amorican macrumors member

amorican

FWIW, my Apple store wouldn't order the Logic Board unless I left my MBP with them.

6. isaki87 thread starter macrumors regular

Good stuff, I appreciate all the feedback. I'll see what happens tomorrow, for better or worse, I'll post my interaction with the members of the genius bar.