Quick reply and clear all button for notifications

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by bjcskier, Oct 1, 2013.

1. bjcskier macrumors member

Why the heck can't we get a quick reply for texts and a clear all button for notifications?

2. nickrinaldi macrumors regular

i agree, its pretty ridiculous at this point.

Don't Apple employees use their own product, don't they want these features like the rest of us.

You can't tell me people like not having option of responding to a text without bouncing out of something there were reading or doing in an another app.

3. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Quick reply is not a notification and so it doesn't belong in the notification center.

I do agree with a clear all button though :)

4. furam90 macrumors regular

Holding off so they have something "new" in iOS 8.

5. Altis macrumors 68020

It kind of is. It could be implemented either by integrating it into the pop-up alerts, so you type your reply and then hitting send closes the alert and leaves you where you left off... Or in the drop-down notification center, you could have an action (say, tap and hold the alert), tap quick reply, and reply your message right from within there.

The point is, having to switch back to the messages app every time can be annoying, depending on what you're doing. Some apps don't like to be interrupted by switching.

OP, I suspect the reason is a combination of Apple's big head, not wanting to introduce convenience features very willingly (especially if they originate on another platform), and their obsession with very linear methods of using devices.

6. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

My suggestion to Apple would have been to remove the missed tab and replace it with a Quick action tab where you compose a quick e-mail, text or phone call. But again, this is not a notification. It is an action.

7. m00min macrumors 6502

The quick reply in BiteSMS is pretty much my main reason for jailbreaking my iPhone. It's crazy that Apple haven't "borrowed" the idea yet.