iPhone Quick Reply recipients for a group text

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by football2006, Sep 29, 2014.

1. football2006 macrumors newbie

Hello! Thank you for your response.

For the Quick Reply feature when texts are set to "alert", it seems to always show who sent the most recent text. If this person sent a message to both you and a third person, is there a way to set the Quick Reply feature to show both names that you are responding to?

Or, to verify if I am responding to a single person or a group text, must I always choose "Close" and then open Messages?

Thanks again!

2. siufai macrumors member

You can give the group message a name and it will show the name of the group and the sender when you receive a message.

3. football2006 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for your response!

I am still concerned about receiving new texts, if they are outside of this type of named group.

For example, if Sally texts you while you're doing something else and it shows up in Quick Reply, there is a small chance that Sally actually started a group text with you and some third person (maybe even by accident), as opposed to just texting you.

I don't understand how I could comfortably respond to Sally's text without first verifying that my response is going to just her.

I hope this makes sense, and I hope that you or someone else can share your thoughts. To me, it seems too significant of an issue to not be more widely concerning.

Thanks again for your time!

4. football2006 thread starter macrumors newbie