Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Telp

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2007
They only mentioned it for the mac...

But it's only a matter of time.

WordMasterRice

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2010
Upstate NY
It might be there on the public release, they always add some new stuff throughout the beta period.

I really doubt that, they normally add features that make use of the new hardware but not software stuff. Actionable notifications would most probably be added now so that devs can start adding support for it.

utwarreng

macrumors 6502
Aug 8, 2009
But it's only a matter of time.

Sadly, I've been saying this since I first experienced quick reply SMS on my 3GS shortly after release. It's the only "must have" that's left for me personally in the jailbreak experience (although I most likely will still jailbreak anyway).

Chocolatemilty

macrumors 6502a
May 17, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
It is my thought that this did not make the initial release, but I suspect it could be added into the 7.x changelog. It is a major feature, yes, but a feature that could be added in a x.1 release that aligns it with OS X Mavericks IMHO. I could be wrong, as Apple can still be in the school of thought that the multitasking experience and speed of our devices renders it not high on the priority list, but they absolutely must feel it is important enough to bring it to the desktop.

Telp

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2007
Sadly, I've been saying this since I first experienced quick reply SMS on my 3GS shortly after release. It's the only "must have" that's left for me personally in the jailbreak experience (although I most likely will still jailbreak anyway).

True but how can they add it to the mac which doesn't need it nearly as much, and completely ignore the iPhones need for it !?

The AlluRe

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2011
probably the biggest feature I was looking for, no reason they shouldn't have this simple thing by now :mad:

MLG

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2012
True but how can they add it to the mac which doesn't need it nearly as much, and completely ignore the iPhones need for it !?

Obviously the people aren't ready for it, so says Apple. Who are you to say differently...a buyer or something? ;)

Pared

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2007
iOS9 sounds about right..

I always wonder why someone like you stays in the forum. If you've "moved on" (you haven't) why would you spend so much time on the forum doing silly things such as this?

It's sad really. You would have a lot more fun in the comments section of Engadget.

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA
I always wonder why someone like you stays in the forum. If you've "moved on" (you haven't) why would you spend so much time on the forum doing silly things such as this?

It's sad really. You would have a lot more fun in the comments section of Engadget.

I may own an android phone but I also own an iOS tablet. Believe it or not, people do own multiple devices.

My previous comment probably isn't that unlikely either. We probably won't be seeing quick reply for another OS or two.

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
It makes no sense that a laptop gets quick replay and IOS 7 doesn't. I do however have hope for Apple's iPhone 5S announcement. Possibility of new software features.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.