[quick] Resale value & refreshes for 27" iMacs

Discussion in 'iMac' started by sonicrobby, Jul 18, 2013.

1. sonicrobby, Jul 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2013

sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

Im looking into getting an iMac, more of a want, not a need. I have to money to purchase a used iMac (I prefer 27") but if the day comes that I have to sell it, what kind of demand do you all see for the 27" base model iMac?

I see most macbooks selling like hotcakes online, but not so much the iMacs, Id like to know if Id have any trouble selling it later if I needed to.

Is 1400 for a used 27" base iMac (Dec 2012) in near mint condition worth it?

Also, is it wrong for us to expect refreshes every year for iMacs? or is that common?

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

You won't have any trouble selling a used 27" on eBay or Craigslist.

I don't think $1,400 is a good deal though, you can buy that machine as a refurb direct from Apple for $1,529 and it would come with a full warranty.

There have been updates close to once a year. Sometimes less and sometimes a bit more than a year.

3. sonicrobby thread starter macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

Alright, thanks! Yeah, I thought of the refurb, but that would be an additional 140 in taxes in my state. But I think for now, I will pass on the iMac. A better deal could be out there in the future, especially once the new iMacs are announced.