Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Akira1980

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 27, 2007
San Diego
I needed a sound system that is portable and doesn't require external power source. And BassJump was best fit for my needs. I was very skeptical but I am now very impressed. The difference of the sound with it and without is night and day. Although this will not replace the traditional 2.1ch desktop speakers, this will make the sounds coming out from MBP or MB reasonable. I think most people will be satisfied it.

http://twelvesouth.com/products/bassjump/

P.S - It's $59 at Apple store.

oldschool8604

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2004
Burnaby
Hey, I kno this thread is a bit old, but I bought the BassJump today at the Apple store.

I wasn't completely sold on it by the reviews, (albeit most of them are pretty positive) but it's actually great. I'm impressed by the awesome boost it gives the computer. For its price it does the job extremely well. I turned on world of warcraft and the sounds are much more crisp and noticeable; it integrates with the game's settings flawlessly. The sound for movies and music is much fuller and rich. It doesn't have the deepest bass for some songs, but it still sounds amazing.

Overall I like it. It sounds great, looks great, and the box it comes in is sexy..haha

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.