Quick settings

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by protobiont, Oct 9, 2011.

1. protobiont macrumors 6502a

Is anyone else surprised that apple still hasn't provided a way to quickly change settings like brightness, wi-fi, airplane mode, etc.?

I don't want to bash apple, I'm still a huge fan of the iPhone, but I'm just curious on opinions of why apple hasn't done this yet.

I've seen one good suggestion of putting toggles on the spotlight page, that would fade away when you started searching for something. The other idea of course would be to put them in the notifications pull down.

I know apple likes to keep stuff as simple as possible, but there are plenty of times when I just want to change the brightness, or go into airplane mode, and not burrow into the settings app. Obviously, they felt like it was worthwhile on the iPad (for brightness at least). This would be my most desired feature, and it's a little puzzling to me that this hasn't been implemented yet.

Please don't turn this into a flame thread, I'm just curious as to other's thoughts on the subject, and other ideas on how to cleanly implement it.

Cheers!

2. scootaru macrumors 6502

"Siri, turn on bluetooth."
    "Siri, turn auto brightness off and adjust the brightness down."

and so on and so forth.

3. ap3604 macrumors 68000

SBSettings: #1 reason to jailbreak...

If Apple really wanted to discourage people from jailbreaking they would have already come out with some sort of SBSettings type controls ;)

I dont get it either proto :(

4. protobiont thread starter macrumors 6502a

Will Siri actually do that, or are you suggesting a way to do it? That would be cool, unless you are in a theater or something and want to turn on airplane mode.

----------

Agreed, I actually jailbroke for a while, just for SBsettings..

5. scootaru macrumors 6502

Just suggesting.