Quick SHSH iPhone question

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by macfan881, Sep 6, 2010.

1. macfan881 macrumors 68020

My battery life has been spotty the the last few days and I was looking to see if it was a JB problem if i restore to a 4.02 and i have shshs for 4.0 and 4.01 can I downgrade if i decide to go back to Jailbreak?

2. kre62 macrumors 68000

Yep, you can easily downgrade. But you might as well restore to 4.0.1 now so you'll have the option later of jailbreaking. 4.0.2 gives you nothing new.

3. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

Why not just restore to 4.0 or 4.0.1? That way you don't have to take an extra step of having to downgrade from 4.0.2.

4. f4780y macrumors 6502

f4780y

Agree with the other guys above. The JB itself will not be causing your battery drain. If you do have a problem it will be a rogue JB app you have installed. Best to restore to 4.0.1, re-jailbreak, then take things slow, install things one by one, and do a good bit of observation before making your mind up if something is draining your battery or not before installing something else...
    Out of interest, what kind of drain are you observing with the battery. What's your "average" usage per full charge?

5. macfan881 thread starter macrumors 68020

well did a drain test yesterday with JB and i got about 4hrs 3min. Un Jailbroken i was getting 6+ hrs.

6. Cinemagic macrumors 6502

Interesting. I would think that just because the device is jailbroken, with all settings and installed apps being the same, there would be no difference in battery life. I personally have not noticed any difference in battery life of my iPhone 4 iOS 4.0.1 (jailbroken). I haven't done any testing, though. I'm pretty happy with the battery life. If I'm not really using my device, I can got a couple of days. Of course, battery life depends a great deal on what's happening with the device (what apps are running, WiFi, Bluetooth, etc.)