Quick Silly message question

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Mac'nCheese, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Mac'nCheese Suspended

Mac'nCheese

I can't figure this out. On the top of my message screen, I get the little round picture of the people I am texting. My son's picture has a second, grey circle behind it. Any idea what this means?

2. Sharkoneau, Oct 12, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2017

Sharkoneau macrumors 6502a

Sharkoneau

That typically denotes that you’re in a group text conversation, and the other recipient either isn’t a contact or doesn’t have a contact photo assigned to them.

3. Mac'nCheese thread starter Suspended

Mac'nCheese

Thank you but this happens in group texts where everyone has an iphone and is a contact with a photo and when I just text this one contact by himself. Something else is going on....

4. Sharkoneau macrumors 6502a

Sharkoneau

Does your son’s contact page have two numbers, or perhaps an email address associated with it as well?

5. Mac'nCheese thread starter Suspended

Mac'nCheese

Yes but they all do, my son, wife and daughter all have the same info, email, home phone, iphone.....maybe his account is set up to do messaging through email as well? Is that even possible?

6. Sharkoneau macrumors 6502a

Sharkoneau

If you go into Messages settings, to cite a general example, you can send and receive from multiple sources - primarily by number, but also by associated email addresses. However, I’ve never encountered that problem you’re describing; then again, I don’t know how other people have their devices configured. It’s weird for sure.

7. Mac'nCheese thread starter Suspended

Mac'nCheese

OK, I'll check out his phone later. thanks again