Quick Sleep?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by zdlyons, Nov 4, 2010.

1. zdlyons macrumors member

Recently I have noticed that when I put my macbook pro (mid 2010) to sleep using either the menu bar sleep option, or closing it, it takes much longer to go to sleep. I tried installing the deep sleep widget from apple's website & changing the options (i.e.: setting the regular sleep mode to "quick" and the widget to "deep") and it still takes a long time. When it sleeps, the light does not turn off as if in hibernation, but still constantly throbs like it should. It just takes SO much longer to sleep. Ideas on whats up? Thanks.

2. Kyffin macrumors 6502

If it helps I find pressing cmd+alt and eject is the fastest way to send it to sleep?

3. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Try SmartSleep, it lets you select different sleep states and it works for my MB and MBP and puts them to sleep in just one second.

It's the same as :apple: > Sleep or pressing the Power Button and selecting Sleep.

4. zdlyons thread starter macrumors member

what setting do you use that it goes to sleep in just one second? It took just as long as it did before for me. (e.i. the screen goes all black, with just the mouse pointer for a while, and then goes to sleep.)

For instance, every time i close the lid of my mbp, it takes as long as it would for it to go into *deep sleep just to go into the regular throbbing-light sleep mode.

5. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

"smart sleep"

6. johnnyfiive macrumors 6502

johnnyfiive

Speaking of sleep, has anyone noticed their Magic Mouse keeping theirs from STAYING asleep?

7. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Do you mean even without pressing?

Have you taken a look at System Preferences > Bluetooth > Advanced > allow Bluetooth devices to wake this computer from sleep?

8. zdlyons thread starter macrumors member

cool, and do you know what the sleep and hibernate lvl drag is for?

Attached Files:

9. zdlyons thread starter macrumors member

ehhh. forget it. its still taking just as long no matter what setting its on. or what level i put the slider at.