Quick Thoughts on iPad 2 Screen scratch

Discussion in 'iPad' started by johnalan, Jul 5, 2011.

1. johnalan macrumors regular

Hi All,

Just a quick one, not being anal but my iPad2 has somehow gotten scratched on the screen, I really don't know how because i pretty much babyed it.

Just wanted to get your thoughts the scratches are not that obvious theres two of them and even though I don't think they are very deep I can still kinda feel them with the tip of my nail running over them.

So my question, do I have to be concerned about them turning into a actual crack or can the iPad2 screen withstand a few scratches?

Thanks,

Regards,
    John

2. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

A scratch shouldn't ever turn into a crack. If you had a small crack, I'd worry that it would get bigger. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

3. johnalan thread starter macrumors regular

Heya buddy,

Thanks for the response! Yeah I guess you're right, I just wanted to check if scratches turn into cracks, but hopefully not! :)

Cheers,

4. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

A scratch isn't the end of the world. :D Enjoy your iPad likes it's meant to be.

5. poloponies macrumors 68030

Scratches can occur without you noticing and when you do notice them later there's no event to associate it with. This weekend I was wiping off a pair of way-too-expensive sunglasses that I treat very delicately and there was a sizable scratch that I didn't notice before. It happens. Pisses us off, but it happens.