quick time .mov embed issue

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by pablo17, Jul 8, 2009.

1. pablo17 macrumors newbie

I am attempting to embed 2 Quicktime movies (each 30 seconds long) onto a web site. I want one of the first frames of each movie to appear when the page loads, but not to play.

The problem is that movie 1 displays a beginning frame properly, but movie 2 just shows a black background. The bit rates of each file are nearly the same (1165 and 1198 respectively.) I have played around with different values for the starttime using as much as 12 seconds which would put the start up half way through.

The controls for the movie show up and you can actually hit play and watch movie 2, it just won't show an image from the movie when the page loads like movie 1 does. Switching which movie loads first doesn't affect the fact that movie 2 shows black.

Here is the script

<div><p> </p><p class="vidtitle">"Movie 1"</p>
    <embed src="media/movie01.mov" autostart="false" LOOP="false" name="movie01" showlogo="false" starttime="00:00:02.2" width="480" height="380" type="video/quicktime"><embed>
    </div>

<div><p> </p><p class="vidtitle">"Movie 2" </p>
    <embed src="media/movie01.mov" autostart="false" LOOP="false" name="movie02" showlogo="false" starttime="00:00:03.2" width="480" height="380" type="video/quicktime"><embed>
    </div>

What am I missing?

Thanks.

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Your closing tags are missing the slash,

HTML:
    </embed>

3. pablo17 thread starter macrumors newbie

I had been playing around with the closing of the embed tags and that didn't make a difference. I read that the embed tag didn't require the standard closing </embed>. I am not sure how accurate that is, but either way, my results have been the same. :confused:

4. pablo17 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the links. They look to be helpful.