Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fishtalk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 21, 2008
A friend just gave me two films on the same DVD-R
First one works fine; but the second one doesn't have any sound
The equilizer widjit on the bottom right hand side of the screen doesn't show any movment. Both the films are .AVI The first time i tried to open the duff film I got "Q/T is missing a codec...would you like to try" or something like that ?????" but now it just opens normally but without sound.
As I've have recently downloaded a New DiVix.. and all my other films work fine. Is it the DVD-R that has a problem, or should I download another 3rd party bit.... if so which one.
My system is OSX 10.3.9. and My Q/T is 7.4.5
Just had a thought... the Film without sound is a different format... (flater and wider). could that have anthing to to do with the problem ?
thanks.

DoFoT9

macrumors P6
Jun 11, 2007
London, United Kingdom
perian and flip4mac is all i use to watch avi and wmv files in quicktime. and when all else fails, vlc usually does the trick.

edit: argh, beaten!

ehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

Just had a thought... the Film without sound is a different format... (flater and wider). could that have anthing to to do with the problem ?
thanks.
thats because the film that doesnt work IS in a different format, the sound is probably in a format that is unreadable by quicktime natively. perian will hopefully fix that for you.

Fishtalk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 21, 2008
fishtalk

Thanks you guys..... VCL works fine ( never thought of that)
Persan, or what ever it, is ONLY for Tigers...or the ice weasle get's you ???
I also have Flip4Mac but it NEVER seems to do anything very practial.
Question:::Is Flip4Mac an application or an Ad-on ? do I have to phyically open it, or is it supposed to work when i open Q/T

Fishtalk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 21, 2008
hahahahahaha fair enough, wouldnt you have enough money to upgrade though?? seeing as though your old and everything haha.. (no offense)

Nope...old and poor, and my "Old" G3 wouldn't be happy with an upgrade

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.