Quick tip to those signing a new contract. DO NOT GET THE IPHONE 3G!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wikoogle, Jun 19, 2009.

1. wikoogle macrumors 6502a

wikoogle

There is NO REASON to get the iPhone 3G instead of the 3GS. If you do you're a sucker for a number of reasons.

Why, because of SPEED. The 3G S has a next gen processor, double the ram, and a next gen graphics card. Every single thing you do on the iPhone 3GS is two to three times faster than the iPhone 3G. You're stuck with this phone for two year. Why get one that's slow and laggy, to spend 2653 instead of 2753.

If you really really don't want the 3GS's much much faster speed, much better camera, voice commands, video camera and a ton of other features, GET THE 3GS ANYWAYS, and sell it on ebay.

You can easily get $900 on ebay for an iphone 3GS because that's how much it costs to buy in Germany and France. Then you can buy an iPhone 3G on ebay for $400. You basically netted $400 in profit.

2. yode macrumors 6502

ORLY?

3. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Incorrect.

My fiancee will NEVER use the extra features of the 3GS, but we will DEFINITELY use the $100 + tax we saved.

4. Eallan macrumors 6502

You'll pay around $100 a month on the bill. For 24 months thats $2400. 2500 or 2600 over 2 years for far better features?

No brainer. I just can't believe you wouldn't want to get a far better device for 200 instead of 100.

I agree with the OP.

Your fiancee would use the features anytime she used the phone. Opening text messaging alone shaves a few seconds.

5. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

I would 100% recommend the 3G phone to many, MANY of my friends

It is a great phone ESPECIALLY for those that never had the iPhone before

6. EMILinator macrumors member

The Biggest Little City In The World, USA
    I agree. Although she'll save that $100 +tax, the new iPhone 3G S is a lot faster, and will save her loads of time.

Time is money.