quick Twilight Princess question

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by iCheese, Jul 31, 2008.

1. iCheese macrumors regular

do all dungeons have two heart pieces in them? I am playing the game again and I want to try and get all the heart pieces.

2. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

3. iCheese thread starter macrumors regular

4. benmrii macrumors 65816

benmrii

All dungeons (full-fledged with map and boss) will give you a full heart at successful completion. Some have heart pieces, but not all.

... man I love this game.

5. pcypert macrumors 6502

I'd play through again but I can think of two levels or areas that give me shutters to even think of playing through again. Not because they were hard, but because of annoyances with the controls that made them complicated. Glad to say I've played it through though.

Paul

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I thought I'd lost my TP backup save when hacking my Wii. But I found it last night and had a little play around, good god yes. I really need to 100% this game or play through again. It's just ruddy bloody brilliant.

7. benmrii macrumors 65816

benmrii

I'm going to have to break it out this weekend now after this thread and, at the very least, play a bit on my 100% save. Knowing me, I'll probably start a fresh game though. :D

8. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

I started playing it again, i am definitely enjoying it a lot more.

But i still think it was a huge disappointment in many areas.

Lack of side quests. Huge world with nothing to do. Hardly anyone those awesome horseback battles. Some poorly designed dungeons. Some very stupid items like the (highlight to see) dominion rod. And of course, the HUGE disappointment of Zant at the end and the poor inclusion of (highlight to see) Ganondorf.

A great game. Had HUGE potential, but it definitely did not beat Windwaker in my book.

9. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Windwaker has more pick up and play value for me. What with the 40 or so hours I put into TP to just get to the final boss it's a much more daunting game.
    From a gameplay perspective TP is my fave 3D Zelda but OoT still gets my story vote.

10. benmrii macrumors 65816

benmrii

WW was surprising to me. I didn't play it until about a year ago and I have no idea why people didn't like it. The gameplay and storyline were amazing and quite unique. Transportation could have been a bit quicker, but I liked the exploring... I always shoot for 100% and don't mind using a FAQ to get there, but play through first without. I was closer to 100% on WW than any of the others before help.

11. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

I beat it in a month. Then I started a new game and got stuck on the first temple. How depressing is that?

Anyway, I've been playing Ocarina of Time with the Wii virtual console, so that's how I've been getting my Zelda fix. Which reminds me, I think I'm on the Fire Temple.

12. benmrii macrumors 65816

benmrii

Ocarina of Time was groundbreaking and a fantastic game. I remember when it came out I slept an average of 2 hours a night for a week and a half beating it... ah, college.

Virtual Console is great, I have all the Zeldas and playing through them has been great. I'm just waiting for Majora's Mask to get on there. :mad:

13. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

Majora's Mask wasn't that great IMO. It was the only Zelda game I just couldn't get into.

@ The OP: I came across this: http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/wii/file/928519/45942
    You may find it helpful.

14. yetanotherdave macrumors 68000

yetanotherdave

You can get majora's mask on the gamecube, making it playable on the Wii.
    The Legend of Zelda: Collectors Edition, contains
    The Legend of Zelda
    Zelda II The Adventures of Link
    The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
    and The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask.

It's a promiotional only item though, I can't remember how I got my copy, I think I had to send off for it with my WW purchase. - edit, also contains a playable demo of WW, so unlikely to have come with WW.

And of course the limited edition WW contains a bonus disc with OoT and OoT Master Quest (extra dungeons I think)

15. benmrii macrumors 65816

benmrii

I know that's an opinion shared by a lot of people, but MM is one of my all-time favorites. The game is unique, dark and interesting. The time-travel makes for some amazing character possibilities that they take good advantage of.

I've read that there are a ton of problems with the MM on that disc, and since I have legal copies of all the other games that come with it I haven't wanted to spend the money to pick it up since it would just be for that one part.

Thanks for the tip, though. :)

16. yetanotherdave macrumors 68000

yetanotherdave

I haven't tried to play it yet, despite having that disc for years now, I had MM on the n64 and I couldn't get my head around it. Now I've completed TP maybe I'll give it another go.
    Do you know what the problems were?

17. benmrii macrumors 65816

benmrii

Not from personal experience, but if I recall correctly there were issues with the music, slow load times and the game locking up and crashing. Pretty much every thread on every board discussing "when will Majora's Mask hit Virtual Console?" gets to the point where someone mentions the Master Quest disc as an option followed by ten people go off on it's problems. :D

Not everyone has them, I just haven't risked it yet. There's speculation that MM will never be ported to VC since it will possibly have to be recoded given it's use of N64 expansion pack originally. But I don't know enough about it, I just know it feels long overdue. :(

18. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I only borrowed MM for a week so I never really dived into it. Soon as it hits the VC it's mine :cool: and I wouldn't worry about the memory expansion bit. That won't be an issue. What might be is 100% emulation of the Super Chip used in some SNES games.

Had some good memories of OoT. I got it for my birthday and managed to find that first wooden sword before school started :D ah memories.

19. benmrii macrumors 65816

benmrii

This bloody thread will be the death of me. I'm going to have to play through them all again, now. Of course I'm due, haven't done it for almost a year. :D

But ya raggedjimmi, it's an awesome game. I'll dance the dance of happiness on the day when I scroll anxiously through my "Recent Releases on the Wii Shop Channel" email and see it there.

20. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I'm surprised they didn't release Smash Bros (N64) before Brawl was released. Nintendo are being reet daft with the VC. They're sitting on a goldmine of Majora's Mask, Yoshi's Island, Earthbound, Mario Kart Snes. Why won't they let me give them my money :(

21. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

22. benmrii macrumors 65816

benmrii

Will that help Majora's Mask be released sooner? If so, PM me your mailing address! :cool:

23. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

I borrowed Majora's Mask from a friend from his Collectors disk thing.

The emulation seems to have nothing wrong with it. The framerate can get a little strange at times when you're in really busy places, but that's the only problem that has struck me so far.

I'm really enjoying it so far, i'm glad i'm finally able to play this game:D

24. buddymeemo macrumors newbie

buddymeemo

I'm stuck at the stupid lake!!!

I just beat the giant bug creature and got all the tears. Then I had to watch this really disturbing, trippy-ass movie.

Now I can't figure out how to leave Lake Hylia!!

Someone please help!!

25. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

You have to go to those cannon men and pay him to launch you up to that chicken house place.

From there, there is a door that leads you outside to Hyrule Field.

Gosh, why do i remember this :p