Quick unjailbreak question

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Karenl39, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Karenl39 macrumors member

If I want to unjailbreak my iphone 4, can I just install the latest iphone software on it and that will do it?

It is out of warranty and I don't need to take it back to the apple store for anything.

2. TC25 macrumors 68020

Yes

3. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Yep! Why not just enjoy your jailbreak though? :)

4. Karenl39 thread starter macrumors member

My battery doesn't last lately. I've uninstalled everything and it's almost dead by this time of day. I've tried all the stuff to make my battery last and it still doesn't help. I went to a movie for 2 hours today and didn't use my phone and it went from 44%-13% while I was watching it :(

5. Abs_p macrumors 6502a

Must be a bad jailbreak. Restor and jailbreak again. If you need help let me know . :) my phone is jIlbroken 220+ Cydia packages installed and it lasts 15 hours of extremely heavy usage.. :)

6. Karenl39 thread starter macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_4 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8K2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Really? How would u know if it's a bad jailbreak? It has been awhile since I did it. I think I used the green poison one and followed the directions. Maybe my phone is dying? Would that be possible? I've had this phone since the iPhone 4 came out.

7. Abs_p macrumors 6502a

Oh a year.. Still sometimes a restore solves the problems .. :)

8. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Before you do anything else, go to Cydia and install BatteryInfoLite. It's free, and it will give you a picture of your battery's current maximum capacity. Most year old iPhone 4’s aren't experiencing the kind of loss you're seeing, and max capacity should still be relatively near to design capacity.

BatteryDetective (also on Cydia) will give you more specific information about what backgrounded apps are running your battery down. That one's a paid app, but those who have it say it's well worth it.

9. agentmikeyd macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (iPhone; Opera Mini/6.1.15738/25.685; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

As a new jailbreaker, i would love to see a list of ur 200 apps. Do u have a listing? Pm me is fine.

Thanks

10. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

That really. Greenpois0n was bad (in my opinion) anyway. I always stick with Redsn0w but I'm not sure which version does an untethered 4.2.1 (if any). I tried RC18 yesterday and all I got was a blank Cydia icon that wouldn't open Cydia. I would recommend updating to 4.3.3 and using jailbreakme or Redsn0w but unfortunately with the release of 4.3.4, that is no longer possible for you. :(

Maybe try restoring to 4.2.1 with iTunes (if you have your SHSH saved) and then re-jailbreaking?