quick upgrading procedure question (pwnage 2.0.2)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by almostaskater62, Aug 7, 2008.

1. almostaskater62 macrumors regular

so when pwnage tool 2.0.2 released, you go through the steps to pwn it like before.
    then can you option click UPGRADE rather than RESTORE in itunes and choose the custom firmware file? and while i'm at it can i also reset the boot logo back to the apple? and then if you do that, will all of your apps and settings (winterboard and stuff) be there like before??
    i dont wanna re-do all of that with the icons and apps and everything...would be tedious..

thanks

2. DarkFlame macrumors regular

good question, i hope someone answers it. I am sure you meant 2.0.1 though.

3. almostaskater62 thread starter macrumors regular

4. tdevers macrumors regular

I don't think you have to pwn the iPhone again. Once its pwned, its pwned. You just have to create the custom firmware and do an 'Option'+Restore in iTunes.

5. almostaskater62 thread starter macrumors regular

Ok I get that but once I option click restore will all of my cydia apps + others still be there? Thanks.

6. Jeweller macrumors member

Jeweller

After it's updated with the custom 2.0.1 firmware, you need to restore your phone from the latest backup.

7. meagain macrumors 68030

8. DarkFlame macrumors regular

is there a guide for this anywhere? I saw the latest 2.0.1 guides on iclarified but its the same thing I followed when i got a new phone. I want to make sure all my apps and **** stay the same.

I am just confused about how to restore from the latest back up, I understand how to build a new firmware and option restore it.