Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jul 4, 2004
I need to buy a 500gb SATA desktop drive within the next 3 hours... do PC World still sell components? Or can anyone recommend a central (Zone 1) retailer that stocks parts? I'm in Chelsea at the mo but will be heading into town within the next 20 mins.

I used to go to PC Heaven in Rathbone Place but they're now closed.

Thanks for any tips. :)

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
PC World also sell internals, they sell a 500GB drive for £75. You can reserve online before you go, and may need to to get that price.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jul 4, 2004
Thanks guys, a couple of branches of Maplins are not answering the phone. I'll go up to Tottenham Court Road and check out YoYoTech.

Thank you! :D

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
Alternatively, Reserve and Collect at yototech? (off tottenham court road)

This is definitely the one to go for. PC World and Maplin both price in some alternative reality where being competitive with Internet prices doesn't matter. YoYoTech are normally pretty close to the "real" price.

J@ffa

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2002
Behind you!
Thanks guys, a couple of branches of Maplins are not answering the phone. I'll go up to Tottenham Court Road and check out YoYoTech.

Thank you! :D

I work in a Mac repair place in central London - we don't have any 500GB drives in at the minute, just 320GB, but I can check our other shop if you like? I mean, we can fit it as well, but I get the impression you don't need that!

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jul 4, 2004
I work in a Mac repair place in central London - we don't have any 500GB drives in at the minute, just 320GB, but I can check our other shop?

No, it's OK thanks. Just heading out the door in a minute, may need a 750gb drive instead. I'm going to close this thread. Thanks to the rapid-fire always-present hive mind of MR. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.