Quick View Question

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Windows Expat, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Windows Expat macrumors member

Windows Expat

I don't know if this is a Lion thing or what?

If I use quick to view to look through a folder of photos for instance...I hit the spacebar, then use the right arrow key to flip through them. When I get to the end of a line of photos, it just stops. Is there a way to continue browsing through sequentially?

This is in Icon view, by the way.

2. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

3. Windows Expat thread starter macrumors member

Windows Expat

That's cool IF you want to start Quick Viewing from the first file in the folder. But if you're starting from somewhere in the middle, not so much.

All this may seem nitpicky, but I'm finding myself more & more irritated with all the little shortcomings and quirks of Finder since switching from Windows.

4. Zerozal macrumors 6502

Use TAB instead of the right arrow. No need to CMD-A (select all).

5. Windows Expat thread starter macrumors member

Windows Expat

Tried using the tab button. It just makes Quick View jump randomly around different files in the folder. Not sequentially at all, I'm afraid.

It seems like grid/icon view is just kind of broken in Finder. You can't range select using the shift key in icon view. Finder often forgets the thumbnail sizes I've set in icon view. Sometimes I enter a folder and it's a random mess of thumbnails all over, some overlapping. Lot of weirdness in grid view :(